I’ve written a range of books on digital photography, all available via Amazon:
- Step by Step Digital Black and White Photography, Ilex/Thomson in 2004
- Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook, Ilex/O’Reilly 2005
- Photoshop Fine Art Cookbook, Ilex/O’Reilly 2006
- Adobe Lightroom Essentials, Ilex/Lark June 2007
- Advanced Digital Black and White Photography, Ilex/Lark, late 2007 (13+ translated editions)
- Advanced Digital Black & White Photography 2nd edition 2012
- The Art of Printing Photos on Your Epson Printer
- 101 Top Tips for Black & White Digital Photography 2013
For me it’s important to be a writer who can take good pictures, and to be a photographer who can use words effectively – a combination that doesn’t always go together. My publishers don’t waste time or money correcting grammar or spelling, or sourcing images to make the book jump off the bookshelves.
I also tech edited part of Peter Krogh’s The Dam Book (second edition) and am available for other tech editing projects.
If you’re a publisher checking me out for a book project, I can take on anything involving these programs which I use daily:
- Image editing – Photoshop – Lightroom – Aperture – Nikon Capture – Capture One
- DAM – iView / Expression Media – MediaPro – Extensis Portfolio – Bridge
- Web design – Dreamweaver – Fireworks – Flash
While I list programs where I’ve plenty of experience, contact me about any projects. In one case (I won’t say which) I actually began the book with no previous experience of the program I was trying to explain.